Friday, July 25, 2008

Ardis Wells' family checks in


Not long ago we featured a video and story of Ardis Wells, who lives at the Clearwater Suites, down the hall from our 88-year-old mother, Beverly.

We were delighted this week to receive communications from Ms. Wells' extended family. Apparently our note and movie came to their attention.

Her Grand-niece wrote:
Ardis Wells did in fact raise Huskies and race them in dog sled races. She actually wrote a book about it too. She may have a copy if you ask her. She also for many years had a female wolf she used to breed with her Huskies. I was much too young to remember the names of her dogs, but I do remember a many pictures of her dogs. They were her pride and joy! I know she misses them dearly. She was also inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame a few years back. She performed on the guitar and sang. She did rather well for being extremely hard of hearing! I am so pleased that you have written this and posted it, thank you!
Thank you for posting the video. Ardis is my Great Aunt, and I don't get to see her much, so having a video of her is great! I am sending this link to my mom and siblings. I am sure she will forward it on to her brother and sister. I believe Ardis is our last living relative from my Grandpa. Thanks again!
Heather Swan
Her Niece wrote:
Ardis had the first all-girls' band, the Rhythm Ranch Pals and a regionally famous band that played at the Flame in Minneapolis for 20 years. She played at the Grand Ol' Opry, toured with country stars like Tex Ritter. wrote and recorded music, raised award-winning Huskies, is in Rock/Country Hall of Fame, and raced sled dogs.
Bonnie