Thursday, March 16, 2006

Right place at the right time

Virgil, in Minnesota, emails Steve and Nancy in Tucson:

Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2006 7:21 AM
Subject: Right place at the right time
More confirmation of your good timing. I just got in from doing the first run of my driveway. Once it reaches 4-5 inches I have to do it or it will get too deep for my small snowthrower. There appears no end in sight as the snow area extends over a large area and will be passing over us for quite some time. At least this snow is light and easy to move, unlike the last heavy wet storm.

Enjoy the sun.

Virgil Rolfsrud

\--------

Steve responds from Tucson:

Virg, Thanks for the feel good message about our good fortune to be here rather than in snow country. Of course, given our natural anxiety, I am worried whether the heavy and ongoing snow has damaged my trees!

Off to play doubles with Leno. I sprained my ankle in the singles tournament on Monday--and I was leading 4-1 at the time--so had to withdraw from it. Hopefully, I can hold up my share of the doubles today. Leno said that he would crank it up a notch to compensate--although he acknowledged he's pretty much out of notches.

Stephen