Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Sister Sosie sends some suggestions from Sunol

(Editor's note: The only sister not covered by the Three Sisters Tour, Solveig Shearer in Sunol, Calif., was not slighted, but continues to loyally blog on. Today we received this thoughtful note:)

First, I think Kathy's shot of the bobcat is absolutely marvelous and I question that anyone sitting safely belted into the driver's seat should suggest otherwise. When JD treed a bobcat and I went to remove him from the base of the tree lest the bobcat get annoyed with the standoff, I took only one very short look at the bobcat. Then I did what I do in scary traffic, I squeezed my eyes shut tight. Had I had a camera, there would be no picture. My hat is enthusiastically off to Kathy.

Second, did you send in a scrap of pink carpet to HGTV? They have whole shows on color combos that play down and play off such a color. Your room is so perfect for a makeover contest. Contact your local Univ of AZ interior dec dept and be a homework assignment for an aspiring designer. Or, unleash Kathy. That girl can do anything, given some quiet support. (Hopefully you will run that same line on Bill some day.)

IMHO, that arched window is ripe for a really, really expensive stained glass treatment, an expression of your joint religious views to start and end the day. Personally, I wouldn't muck it up with a shelf of incense and candles below, but you could.
Isn't it amazing how people who know nothing just swell up with opinions when asked?

(Thank you Sosie. You'll be interested to know that yours is not the only suggestion that hopped into the box. Click on the comment icon with the original post below to see an anonymous decorator wannabe's thoughts. It's all good advice and we're grateful for the interest. You are absolutely correct about Kathleen's camera skills. Do you see me on that pile of stones below in the earlier post? It is actually the same identical pile of stones, taken from two decidedly different angles. Kathleen's trick photography, as it were. I was actually out golfing yesterday and haven't lifted a scoop yet. This ruse was meant to buy time. Don't tell Virg.)


Our granddaughter, Emily, almost 9 months, whom we miss dearly, in the pool with Melissa.
(We miss you too, Missy)