Thursday, April 12, 2007

Kitty

This is the cat that Mother loves so much. I am not clear on this, but I think its name is Kitty. I think the last name is Cat.
As in, come here, Kitty Cat. But I don't know.

She worries about it escaping the house and thinks about Kitty a lot. When you send a card, mention her Kitty. She likes that.
Lorlee Bartos saw Mom's cat, above, and it inspired her to write:
I have an identical cat -- named Grey Ghost -- he has some darker gray tabby ghostings -- hence the name.
He was the first of my many cats not named for inventors.
I've had Isaac Newton, Madame Curie, Cyrus McCormick, Eli Whitney (who had to be renamed to Eliza). Finding women inventors is harder than male -- so my current female is "Hypathia" who was a genius mathematician back in Alexandria, Egypt -- who was so smart she drew the envy of the men who skinned her alive.
And now I also have Yo de Mama -- the outside kitty who gifted me with all of these just 4 days after I had put down 17 year old Madame Curie with the vow not to have more cats. Out from under the house she walked with her brood. And outside with her is Wild Bill -- name is descriptive who is a sibling to Grey Ghost and Hypathia. He got trapped and neutered but got loose before he could be tamed. [4 kittens loose in the house at 2 am when they either opened the cage or I didn't shut it properly]
So some of you have grandkids -- I have cats.
Lorlee