Wednesday, April 18, 2007

My old pal Paul

Many of you remember Paul Donley, who belonged to our church in Alexandria, along with his many brothers and sisters. I think there was a Donley in each of our grades. All the girls played drums in the high school band. Anyway, Paul has retired from a career as a school administrator and returned to Alex. Here he is looking over the Alexandria Golf Course with the course superintendent.
They've cut down a lot of big old poplar trees this year because they are too big and old and dying. Hmm. They were only recently planted in the early 1960s. I'm older than they are and I am still standing... sorta.
Paul is one year my senior and I got to know him when we played together every day on the Alexandria basketball team. Paul was paired with me in practice and was a great mentor.