Saturday, June 30, 2007

A letter from Jennifer in Rapid City

Hello My Wonderful Family,
I'm having a great time staying with Nancy and Pat and Nancy's mom Phyllis, who moved in with them about three years ago. They are such nice people to be around and each one of them successfully make me feel loved and at home.
The few times I've been to Rapid City I have never actually seen the city, so on Thursday Nancy and Pat took me on the tour. We went to Dollar Giant, Safeway, Stavekirke Church, Canyon Lake Park, Hardware Hank, past the school Nancy works at, Dinosaur Hill, and a spin down Skyline Drive. We had a great time enmeshing errands with sightseeing and I even got a candy bar and an iced tea out of the deal.

Before I got to town I had started emailing a guy named Eric on my new online resource www.couchsurfing.com . I contacted Eric as he stated on his profile that he was a rock climber. It turned out he lived about a mile from Nancy's house and was a really nice guy. He took me rock climbing on Friday behind Mt. Rushmore at a bunch of rock outcroppings and spires that the climbers call the South Seas.

*

As I reached the top of the first spire I had to laugh at myself. I had just climbed up it without too much of a thought but once at the top I got a little freaked out. It seemed I was sitting on the head of a needle and had to share the space with another person and a 60 meter rope. I sat rather meditatively, clinging with both hands as Eric readied the rope for us to repel down on. Never was I so happy to get down off a climb.
Today is open, Eric might take me to the Badlands so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the phone to ring. I'm still looking for my ride to Minneapolis off www.craigslist.com where I have a posting in the rideshare section. And I'm looking forward to seeing you all and hanging out with you for the month of July.

Here are a few photos of the ladies out on the town and at home. And, fyi, I try to always update my site www.myspace.com/organicbeing with current pictures. Although this seems to occur more frequently when I'm around people who own digital cameras.

Big Love to you all,
Jennifer