Sunday, December 30, 2007

Here's some fun, from a family friend

Country school classmate Lorlee Bartos found another school photo in her stuff. This one was from the 1955 term, I think. Find Virgil, Stephen, Solveig and Stan in this photo. That's Kathleen Roth and Lorlee Bartos in the back.Linda in pigtails is surrounded by classmates. She must be in the sixth grade here.
Here's Lorlee's mystery. Who is the girl at the left in this picture? In the front is Sonja Trousil and Duane Bartos.
Here's the original picture. Click on it and it will blow up.


Comment from Linda Rolfsrud Letnes:
I loved Lorlee's picture. Virg must have come in for the picture, he wasn't in first grade yet. Cute. In my class we had Tom Navratil and Roland Trousil. In seventh grade I am guessing we only had Wes Heibel and Warren Trousil. Charlotte Force used to come to school in the fall until they went to Florida for the winter season when she was younger. I remember a lovely person in eighth grade, Diane ?, I just don't know. That's Irene Marquette, an 8th grader, in dark hair. Duane and Sonja's class was a larger class. The Kakaks came about that time. Did Kathy have an older sister? I keep thinking that this lovely girl Stan is wondering about came from the farm a quarter of a mile from the Gulbransons on our way home. A Heibel? Ann Marie? Just guessing now. I have a photograph album in one of the unopened boxes with lots of pictures of Oak Grove Country School. In time I will get it out.

(They used to call Irene "Inky Dee Marie." -- Stan)