Monday, January 28, 2008

Erika's character is dying. . .

We asked our cousin, Erika Rolfsrud, for some stage gossip for the blog and to follow up on Harold Rolfsrud's remark that Erika was working in San Diego. She responded today.

Hello, Stan!
Sorry for getting back to you so slowly... I actually use my other email more frequently and check this one every once in awhile. Uncle Harold is correct! I am indeed working in San Diego at the Old Globe Theatre. I am in a play called Sea of Tranquility. Here's a link to the Globe's site, and the specific page for Sea of Tranquility: http://www.oldglobe.org/tickets/production.aspx?performanceNumber=5507 .

There are some photos, one with me. I don't really look my most radiant best, because my character Nessa is dying... but believe it or not, the role is also very funny! (and p.s. there may be reviews in the "articles" section of the website, but I don't read reviews until the production is over... I don't like knowing anyone else's opinion of the show or my performance until it's too late to let that opinion effect it! Just an actor's superstitious tick, I guess!)

Not much in the way of gossip... I love all the cast and we're doing very well together! I am done here in two weeks, on February 11th. I'm already sad the job is almost over, but it'll be time to get back to NYC and look for that next job! So nice to hear from you!

Erika