Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Natalie on the homestead

Got a nice note from our cousin's son, Nathan Kirmis, of Austin, Texas, today. Nathan is a branch manager for Volt Workforce Solutions there. He is the grandson of the late Halvor and Martha Rolfsrud of Keene, No. Dak.

Greetings Stan,
I am Karen Rolfsrud Kirmis' youngest son, and I read your blog from time to time and think it's great! I have attached a neat pic that I took out on the Rolfsrud homestead outside of Watford City of my daughter, Natalie Kirmis. Thought you might enjoy the scenery!

Thanks so much, Nathan. We love getting pictures and notes from family and friends. Your photo is so reminiscent of the many priceless historical family photos pasted into scrapbooks by our parents. How old is Natalie?
Nathan replies: She is five and loves the prairie. The picture is from last summer's annual trip out to my parent's place. Perhaps I can muster up a picture of my brother's two kids, Walker (4) and Scarlett (1) for you - Keep up the great work!

Note to occasional readers: If you want to see the Don and Karen Kirmis place, type kirmis in the little "search blog" box above left. You'll see all stories with kirmis in them.