Sunday, April 20, 2008

My Grandparents are nuts, please help me

One thing just led to another. Grandpa and Grandma's Abbey Point neighbors bought a brand new camper and parked it in their driveway. Grandpa spied it and said "Hey, Grandma, just for fun, why don't we park the Volkswagen right in front of Tom and Sandy's new Scamp? It will look like the bug is pulling it." Well, Grandma should have known better. But that was just the beginning.

Next thing you know, Grandpa and Grandma were standing in front of the VW and Scamp, posing like something out of that American Gothic picture. Well, Grandpa hears that and of course he says "American Gothic? Hey, let's go get the flag!"

So now grandma and grandpa are standing out in front of our house, acting goofy, flag-waving and Big Mr. Tom is taking their pictures and giggling like a five-year-old.

Well, his pictures actually turned out pretty good. They happened to be on the same roll that Grandma took of me and my mom and our brand new washer-dryer that was supposed to have top billing on this blog all weekend.

So then my Grandpa says, "Wow, look at this great picture! Let's put on a Travels with Charlie deal. Grapes of Wrath or something. It will blow people away." And so on. It just snowballed out of control after that. I love my grandpa but sometimes I have to question his balance.

I think I have them talked out of leaving town and that they should just stay home and act like normal grandparents, but I am not sure. Please help me. They are truly nuts and I just can't handle this all by myself.

Thank you, love,

Emily

(All of today's photos were taken by Grandma)