Friday, November 28, 2008

All good at Clearwater, Linda reports

Linda and Ron, and son, Steve, visited Mom in Alexandria for Thanksgiving. Here's a part of her report:
-
Linda writes:
Mom was dressed and waiting, so we took off for Rudy's Redeye Grill. I saw Mom 15 days ago and I can't believe the change in her. When Michelle told me that she might be able to use her walker by Thanksgiving, I shrugged it off. We drove the big car from Blaine to make sure there would be room for the wheelchair, but Mom didn't need it and we didn't take it. She used her walker adeptly with Steve walking behind her to catch her.

It is quite a walk from the front door of Rudy's to the banquet area, but Mom did it. The food was fine, plentiful, and the help was on the job.

Back at Clearwater, we watched football. At the end of the Detroit game, she invited us to the dining room where she and Steve had coffee. Not only was she physically more able, she was mentally sharper. She is delighted that Solveig is coming for four days, and will be here on Christmas Day.

I promised Mom that I would return in a couple of weeks. I will come on a good weather day when I don't take care of Anja. Probably a Wednesday.

Hope all of you enjoyed Thanksgiving Day.