Thursday, March 26, 2009

We survived, Gerry.

Nobody got stewed in the Aberlour mash. We got this kind note from Gerry Harris today. We featured him a couple days ago on this blog. (See below) He's the owner of the Mail Boxes Etc. store in St. Andrews, Scotland.
-------------------------
Stan,
Great to hear from you!
I'm glad that you made it home in one piece! I wasn't certain that you'd survive the distillery visit intact, especially if you'd given the locals a dose of your Scot's treachery theory. I had visions of you floating upside down in a vat of whisky, the unlucky victim of the murderous nature of us Scots!
I followed your blog link and was shocked to see a wanted poster with my face on it. Then I read the text and relaxed. You have overstated dramatically my service to you and the guys and I thank you for it! It was wonderful to see that you had enjoyed yourself sufficiently to insert us into your family's blog!

Then I remembered, you're a "writer" and now I have you tagged.....you do fiction!
I think you have the most professional blog that I have seen for some considerable time. I hope that all your readers enjoy it as much as I do. I'll look back in from time to time to see how my friend Stan is doing.

If you have any other travel plans, you might want to let me know in advance so that I can warn the tourist information ministry in advance to be ready for the onslaught of "'horror stories' on yer blog!"
Keep well, my friend, and put up your feet after all those exertions here in Bonnie Scotland!
Best wishes.
Gerry