Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Email to a sister-in-law

To: Sosie@com.net
From: Kathleen
Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 4:13:48 PM GMT -08:00 US/Canada Pacific
Subject: Re: ramblings...
Yes, Emily is cute but more importantly....good too. Stan and I can take her anywhere without feeling tense about her behavior.
A few days ago I was grocery shopping and there was a four year old boy screaming at the top of his lungs because he wanted something. He screamed all throughout the store. People were shaking their heads. At one point he and his mother were in my aisle and without his mother seeing me, I moved closer and gave the little brat the EVIL EYE. This stopped him for a moment as he didn't know what I was going to do but then he resumed screaming. His mother clearly had no control and no idea of her responsibility to him and the store patrons. Needless to say, I did my shopping in record time and found relief outside.
Ha Ha....can you imagine me giving the evil eye?
K

To: Kathleen
Subject: Ramblings. . .
From: Sosie
haha, I do stuff like that too. Not the evil eye yet, but I talk with children, ask them questions about what they are doing and why. They look at me funny, but then seem to stop to puzzle over their answer. But you can't talk with a screamer, so the Evil Eye is about all you can do, except kick the parent in the shin. I was a big shin-kicker when I was a child. That was my specialty.
Sosie