Sunday, October 04, 2009

She knows where the bodies are buried

From: Stan Rolfsrud
To: Betty Dols bdols2570@mac.com
bcc: Kathy Rolfsrud
date: Thu Oct. 1, 2009 at 4:32 PM
Subject: Cemetery Information

Hello,
My great great grandparents were early settlers in Scott County. Peter Jackson came to Blakely Township with his brother in 1855. He married Nancy Ives in 1857 at Lake George and returned to Belle Plaine by steamboat. They raised a family. Nancy died
August 05, 1881 in Belle Plaine; Peter Jackson died April 28, 1891 in Belle Plaine.
My wife and I moved to Scott County in 2000. We would like to find the graves of my forebears. I found a number of cemeteries in Scott County to begin a search, but am not sure how to proceed. Your name comes up in the state genealogical society data base as a reference. Can you guide me as to where to begin my search? Are there directories located somewhere?
Any guidance you can give would be most appreciated.

Stan Rolfsrud

----------------------------------------
From: Betty Dols
To: Stan Rolfsrud
Date: Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 1:33 PM
Subject: Re: Cemetery information

Hi Stan,

They are buried in the first addition of Oakwood Cemetery located at the intersection of Park and Buffalo Street in Belle Plaine.
In row 35. There is an upright headstone.

Hope this helps!
Betty