Saturday, October 10, 2009

Mom's morning

Stan writes:
It was too cold and discouraging this morning to go outside and take a photo and give a weather report, so I will let my former classmate in Alexandria, Minnesota do it for me: Tom writes:

"This morning I awoke to the scene before you - the earliest measurable snow in 24 years. We are headed to the Cities this morning for the Gopher homecoming game against Purdue in their new "outdoor" stadium. The "outdoor" part sounds almost like a good idea now. Cold, windy, snowy weather predicted - I predict a short stay in the stands. Well, maybe not - started to head out for the paper - glaze ice. Turned back into the house and am hunkering down."
-------------------
Disappointing loss in New York last night. Twins still haven't managed to get a win there this year. Too bad. Now we must beat the Yankees three games in a row in order to move on. One feels like Jesus Christ as he faced Judas Iscariot: "What you must do, do quickly."