Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas rush? Take a deep breath



If you're rushing around making preparations for Christmas, it is nice to know you're not alone. Here's an example of what can happen when you're trying really hard with your seasonal duties. My classmate Bev Roers Korkowski, (pictured on the right above, with my sister, Linda) sent me this note this morning. Funny. I remember Bev as always having her homework done early and correctly.

Hey, Stan:

I thought you might get a kick out of this….a senior moment???  Was having a heck of a time finding a picture of just me and Cliff for our Christmas card and the only one I could find was of us with a daughter and her family on a vacation up north.  
That of course meant we’d have to find pictures of our other two kids and their families, which I finally sort of patched together.  I looked it all over and thought it looks very good (for a last-minute idea!!)  Sent it off to Costco where I had 125 (!!) very nice cards made; looked at them in the store and yup, it looked fine.  
Then on Saturday, I sat down to start addressing envelopes and was looking at the card one more time before inserting it.  You can imagine my total horror when I realized one our grandsons was cut out of the picture…now, how do you explain that without sending a note along with the card and/or explain that to the 7 y/o who is very mature for his age?  “Grandma K made a very slight mistake….we love you, BUT”  
So, needless to say, 125 cards are going into the garbage and we’ll start over today.  Goodness, I think I need a very long rest. J  

Bev