Saturday, March 20, 2010

Steve cards an Eagle, three Birdies!


We returned to Shakopee last night and fired up the email machine just in time to learn that brother Steve, who remains in Arizona, shot an amazing 81 on the challenging Tucson/Saddlebrooke Golf Course Wednesday.  He got three birdies and an eagle on the front nine for a 37.

Both scores are personal bests and were performed before trusted witnesses. . . Leno and Dave! That's Steve in the center, above, with Leno on the right and Mac on the left after a previous links event. 
Congratulations Steve! By the way -- for blog fans who aren't sure -- A birdie is one under par, an eagle is TWO under par and is an extremely rare occurrence anywhere.

3 comments:

Sosie said...

WOW,Steve! and you can type too?

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Steve. Tell us how you got your eagle. I got a crazy one this week, too - a sandy.

On a par five I pulled my tee shot into a sand trap, then hit out of the sand trap almost into another sand trap, and then holed it out from 150 yards. I couldn't even see the ball go in as the pin was over a rise on the green. But there was a bunch of hollering from the guys on the next hole that saw it and from my guest from EP who had walked up near the green just in time to see it go in.

I have had a lot of these hole-outs from the fairway, but never a hole-in-one. Go figure.

Needless to say, I won skin money on that hole. I just wish it could have been some of Robbie's money.

Brother Virg

becky at abbeystyle said...

The mind spins...such brilliance!