Saturday, July 10, 2010

A note from the North Carolina branch. . .

We received this lovely note from what would be Mom's Great Nephew, Mike Brown.

Stan and Kathleen,

I am Mike Brown, eldest son of Don Brown, Grandson of Ralph and Alma Brown.

I just wanted to take a moment and commend the two of you for the outstanding job you do with the blog. I visited it for the first time this week after the death of Aunt Joyce. The blog is an awesome way for distant relatives to stay connected to the "branch" of our family tree in the Dakota's and beyond.

Our oldest son, Decker, returned this week from a trip across South Dakota with his cousin, Alex Brown, and their Grandmother, Gladys Brown. He and his younger brother have enjoyed the blog also. The other three Brown grandchildren are planning a trip next summer. It was always important for my father and Grandparents that we have some basic idea of our family history in North Dakota and Norway. As a child I had the opportunity to visit Norway when we lived in Germany. I hope my children have the same opportunity someday.

I will be traveling from home, in Asheville, North Carolina, to be with Joyce's family and friends next week and hope I have the opportunity to meet other members of our large and diverse family.

If you ever find yourself in our area, please, let's be sure and have dinner together.

Best Regards,

Mike Brown
Asheville, NC