Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Contact!

Denise Kurkowski, who has plenty of interest in the Jackson genealogy, reached me by phone last night. We had a nice conversation and exchanged email addresses. She will be sending me some family tree information she has developed. What fun. And what a nice lady. Not sure how we are related, but we shall soon see.

She speaks of our living relatives in the Catskills in upstate New York. That would be interesting to know as well. In the 1860s Nancy Ives wrote letters to those relatives (we have the transcripts).

Jim Kullberg, who is married to our cousin Judy and inherited the Chase research files. He says " I have a "Chase-Brown Tree" Ancestry but I have a lot more info than shows up there that I would be glad to share. Since we live in North Carolina now, I have not had the opportunity to visit the Minnesota sites and am glad to find someone who is following up on them. I think we need to share some information."

We'll share whatever we can, of course.

Understand that it is easy to make mistakes when we're doing all this, so if you'll keep me between the lines, I will do what I can to get this material blogged and googled.

We'll do our best and make it fun. Just how Scotch are we?