Saturday, February 26, 2011

A live chat with Magic Jack

Or, Breaking Up is Hard to Do

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
You are now chatting with 'Charlin'
Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK436010874477X
Charlin: Hello, how may I help you?
Stan Rolfsrud: How do I cancel my number, etc., so that you stop billing my VISA. I am not looking for a refund, just an end to the relationship. I can't find any way to do this. Just places to sign up. No place to sign off.
Charlin: May I have your magicJack phone number please?
Stan Rolfsrud: 612-886-6xxx
Charlin: Thank you
Charlin: Please wait while I check that for you
Charlin: Thank you for patiently waiting, Stan
Charlin: As  I have checked it here the $20.91 charge on your account last 01/19/2011 was for the auto-renewal feature that was enabled on your account.
Charlin: However, we can process you a refund but you need to disable and deactivate your magicJack if you no longer want the service.
Stan Rolfsrud: In January, I went in to the web site and disabled that, I thought.
Stan Rolfsrud: What else can I do?
Charlin: I'm going to paste a link for you. Please open a new browser then copy & paste the link or do a right click and select "Open in New Window". Here is the link:
Charlin: Let me know once you're logged in
Stan Rolfsrud: What do you mean, open a new browser.
Charlin: Right click on the link I gave you and select "Open in New Window".
Stan Rolfsrud: Ok. I am on the self service support window now
Charlin: Click on "My Account" tab and check if the status under RENEWAL says "To Activate Auto-Renew".
Stan Rolfsrud: I can't find my account tab. I did, however earlier see that renewal says "to activate auto-renew" I had changed that tab earlier. I am sorry but I can't get there right now I will keep trying.
Charlin: Alright
Charlin: One moment please...
Charlin: I am transferring you to one of our top 10% agents as rated by our customers. Please hold while I transfer you.
Please wait while I transfer the chat to the best suited site operator.
You are now chatting with 'Rosey'
Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK436010874477X
Rosey: Hello . My name is Rosey. To better assist you, let me put you on hold while I read your previous chat/s. Thank you
Rosey: Thank you for waiting
Rosey: It appears here that you were chared for auto renewal
Rosey: May I ask if you are currently using the magicjack?
Stan Rolfsrud: I am not on auto renew. I just checked it. I went in a month or so ago and changed it. Now when I look at it I have the option of beginning auto renew.
Stan Rolfsrud: No I quit using it months ago. I now have OOma Premier. I went in and changed the auto rnew function, I thought, and now I went in again, and it is not on auto renew.
Rosey: Okay
Rosey: So you would like to get a refund for this
Rosey: ?
Stan Rolfsrud: Can you just take it off my current VISA? I don't want to be charged indefintely for a service I don't use anymore.
Rosey: Yes, I will make a report on this to our billing admin for them to process your refund
Rosey: It will take 2-3 business days for the refund to reflect on your account
Rosey: Is there anything else I may help you with today?
Stan Rolfsrud: Thank you for doing this. Magic Jack is a fine company, but there is a bit of a communication problem. I know you are trying hard. Can I get some kind of confirmation that this is going to happen?
Rosey: Yes, we can delete your card from your account
Rosey: I will include it on my report.
Rosey: Is there anything else I may help you with today?
Stan Rolfsrud: No. Thank you.