Friday, February 11, 2011

Meanwhile, at Playa del Playboy

Wayne is still in Mexico with MaryAnn. He writes:

We took a long walk around 7 and just finished the hotel continental breakfast of fruit, croissants and strong coffee. Our usual routine.
It rained quite a bit last night and it's very humid. But I have not spotted any of those long shafts of ice growing down from gutters. I have forgotten what they are called.

Today I have duties. Walk across the street and exchange a $100 bill for 1124 pesos. Then I have to walk all the way down the block in this damn humidity and purchase a bottle of that cactus juice that you drink with limes and salt. It makes you smarter. The only problem I had last evening was not enough questions were asked of me while I was full of answers.
We are down to three from a group of six. Not everyone is retired.
Lots of Europeans in this hotel and on the beach. Not the best for conversations but easy to distinguish because the poor European women cannot afford to purchase tops to go with their thongs. Poor things.
Well MaryAnn is ready for the beach, the dog is fine at the sitter and I'm still searching for the Minnesota lottery booth.
Wayne