Friday, February 18, 2011

This is not a toy, Emily


Stan writes:
Breakfast finished, it was time to get Emily out of the pajamas. In the bottom of the clothes bag was Missy's phone, it must have accidentally fallen there as her busy mother got our granddaughter packed this morning.
I have a cell phone. Kathleen has a cellphone. Kathleen can now take pictures with her cell phone. I can't. It is just something I haven't put together yet, along with texting, facebook, etc. etc. I suppose I could learn, but.
I handed Emily her mother's phone as we pulled her pants on and forgot about it. Next thing I knew, she was playing with it. Before I could tell my four-year-old that the phone is not a toy and to just give it back to me, I heard a familiar sound, like the noise you hear when Kathleen takes a picture with her cellphone. As I watched in amazement, her little fingers busily captured the image, stored it in memory, and displayed it. Then she presented her results to her stunned grandmother.
Amazed, I grabbed my old camera and got these shots as she made us some more pictures.