Friday, August 12, 2011

Stray cat has soft landing

We haven't had a cat rescue story on the blog in a long time. Here's Sosie's tale of their latest adoption:
Stan's sister, Solveig, writes:
One thing always leads to another. About six weeks ago, this petite cat swaggered away from below our bird feeder with a huge male Stellar Jay.
It was comical, but later, it was not at all funny when the cat nabbed a song bird. With a new break-away bell collar in hand, I went to find the owner, but no luck. So I fed the cat in an attempt to get close enough to collar it myself. The cat was so hungry, I fed it again and again, and turns out the cat prefers food service to eating wild birds.
The cat came morning and night and became friendly and I named her Stacey. When I was in Minnesota, Bill fed the cat and Bill named him Skamp.
But you can't feed a cat that isn't fixed! Off to the SPCA yesterday, where we learned Stacey, about one year old, is already spayed, making it likely she was left with the foreclosure across the road. Oh, but was it vaccinated? Tested for leukemia? We invested $ in her future health and thus Stacey secured her new home.
Snowball is disgusted. Where will THAT lead?