Saturday, February 25, 2012

Harold gets a North Dakota facial

Breaking news from the Rolfsrud Ranch in the oilfields of western North Dakota:
Our cousin, Harold Rolfsrud, 75, is back from the hospital, he's okay, the bandages are off. Harold is a family patriarch, entrusted with the care and management of the Rolfsrud homestead, and not given to much exaggeration.
COUSIN HAROLD
Pre-facial file photo
He had a phone conversation with Cousin Stan this morning. Harold in North Dakota, Stan on a cellphone in Hollywood. Harold didn't call to complain about his accident, he just wanted to tell Stan he'd seen him on the Tonight Show and allowed that Stan's appearance there was extremely brief.
Eventually Harold got around to remarking that he was back from the hospital. What happened?
"Well, see, I was chasing this here bull through a gate and I slipped and fell and my face sort of smashed down into a cowpie and it pushed my glasses back into my head. The bandages are off now."
"Wait a minute," his incredulous cousin gasped, "You mean, at age 75, you're chasing a bull through a gate and you slipped and fell head first into the muck?"
"Yes, I know, and with an artificial hip too. Sometimes we just have these situations that come up, you know. Now don't give me a lecture."
"Oh no, I'm not going to lecture you," Stan responded to his elder. "I'm from your gene pool. You give us all hope. I admire you. I want to be chasing a bull around when I'm 75!"