Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The elbows still look sharp. . .


Stan's high school basketball practice opponent has gone on the DL. Stan got to know Paul well as they sweated and elbowed and pushed each other around in preparation for the weekend's ball game back in the winter of 1963-64. Paul went on to Concordia College and became an accomplished school adminstrator. He's retired in Alexandria now and recently posted this note. The Donleys were good friends of the Rolfsruds, they went to our church and had at least a half-dozen in the family. Our best to an old friend who writes:

Hi Guys,
 In my never ending quest to experience as many health maladies as possible, I've come up with a new one. The preliminary diagnosis is a foot condition called "Charcot Arthropathy." Look it up as it's too complicated to explain via e-mail. In any event when you all arrive I may well be in a leg cast and wheel chair. (four to six months) You're still all invited, it's just that I may be very limited in what I can do given mobility issues. It's pretty serious stuff as I may be at risk of losing my right foot. I have more tests next week and then two doctor consultations the following week. Yes, I'm getting a second opinion on this issue. In the mean time I'm just cooling my jets and staying off my foot. As is the case with everything else I've faced, I'll deal with it and life will go on.
 Peace......PD