Sunday, October 14, 2012

Memories

Mrs. Murphy's Rolled Date Cookies, double batch
Smudged recipe card reappeared this afternoon, helping take the
sting off a tough gridiron loss.
After devotions this morning, Kathleen approached Mom to say her goodbyes.
"Are you coming tomorrow?" her 92-year-old mother-in-law asked.
12x3 = 36 cookies
"No, I think I am going to get a haircut tomorrow and there's something else I wanted to do but I can't remember what it is," Kathleen said.
Remembering that Kathleen had mentioned three days ago that she was having a crown put on soon, Mom helpfully prompted: "Is it your teeth?"
"No, that's next week," Kathleen said, hiding her shock that Mom would recall the small detail. "I just can't remember what it was."
Mom laughed. "Oh, it's alright," she said, patting Kathleen's forearm, "That happens to me too."

These will be tested today, delivered tomorrow.
Are you on the list?