Thursday, January 17, 2013

Ready to visit Mom in The Northland

Hi Mom!
It's me, Solveig. I'm in California getting ready for a trip to Minnesota. I will see you Monday, February 4. We have one week to get in trouble, so start planning!!!
I look forward to meeting Benita and putting a couple of puzzle pieces in place. And I certainly hope Marsha invites me to lunch one day!
It is cold here. Maybe it will be warmer in February in Minnesota. I wear a thermometer on my zipper pull (look under my chin) because Bill says if I'm going to whine, I might as well be precise. 
Solveig

Note to Solveig: As you see from the photo taken yesterday, there are still plenty of puzzle pieces left for you. We have been trying, it is really hard. It is a map of Mom's new neighborhood. The edge pieces and the interstate were the easy parts. Now we are putting together the many lakes of Bloomington. There are a ton. "Penn Lake?" Who knew. It would help to have a map.
Sosie: By the way, your gloves are clearly inadequate for present conditions. Suggest you modify your proposed outfit.
Stan
---------------------------



Dear big brother,
Thanks for the warning re the wimpy gloves. I am digging thru my emergency gear and have spread these out in the kitchen counter for your review. Herein, top and clockwise:
1) Face mask that can be spotted in a snowdrift. 
2) Pair of thermal, leather-palmed mitts clutching Toe Heaters. 
3) Scary hand warmer in red-flannel bag that involves fuel and matches and lengthy instructions. 
4) One-time Sports Heat Hand Warmer. 
5) Warmest Wool Socks made from wool and angora rabbit fur in Nelson, Minnesota.