Saturday, February 23, 2013

Eloping to Las Vegas!

Our niece, Briggs Rolfsrud, is eloping with Lynn Wilson to Las Vegas March 23. We got the news today! Read all about this wonderful development on their new blog. Congratulations and Best Wishes to you two! We are thrilled.
The event will be streamed live from the Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel. Honeymoon in New Zealand.


Here's something about Briggs:
I was born in Mankato, MN to Stephen and Nancy Rolfsrud on November 4, 1982 and I have two siblings, Breck and Ford. Throughout my life, I have always been involved in sports, and my next athletic adventure is running my first half-marathon on March 16, 2013! I attended St. Kate's for my undergraduate degree, then received my master's at Harvard, and I'm now taking classes toward a certificate at Johns Hopkins, all in the field of education. Currently, I am an Admissions Manager at Johns Hopkins. My favorite times with Lynn includes our trip to New York, our kayaking adventures in West Virginia and watching Star Trek. (Ok, that last one wasn't true, but I'm actually growing to like Star Trek a little bit. Don't tell Lynn!)

Here's something about Lynn:
I was born in Grand Rapids, MN on October 1, 1982 to Amy Helmer and Lynn Wilson Jr. Not only do I share a name with my father, but we also share a birthdate (though there is a 30 year difference). My sister Steff and I are very close. Like Briggs, I have always loved sports, especially baseball, football, and wrestling. For my undergraduate experience, I attended St. John's. Immediately following, I went to the University of Minnesota and completed my PhD in physics in September 2010. I gave my thesis defense, and within three days we were driving to Washington DC to start my job at NASA. I have now been with NASA as a research physicists for 2.5 years. I love my work because I get to discover the mysteries of the universe (just like they do on Star Trek!!!). My favorite experiences with Briggs so far have been our trips to New York City, whitewater rafting (listening to Briggs giggle while I'm freaking out), going hiking completely unprepared for the elements (got out of the car, realized it was way too cold, got back in and drove for an hour to get home), and our road trips to various and sundry places.