Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Happy Birthday Lynn Wilson

Honeymoon in New Zealand.
Hope the newlyweds haven't been shut down today. Course, if our NASA scientist Lynn has been, it's an excuse to make the best of it and have an extra big birthday celebration.
In any case, Happy Birthday, Lynn.
(Lynn is the husband to Stan's niece, Briggs.)
Here's some get acquainted stuff for Lynn that we posted earlier:

Here's something about Lynn:
I was born in Grand Rapids, MN on October 1, 1982 to Amy Helmer and Lynn Wilson Jr. Not only do I share a name with my father, but we also share a birthdate (though there is a 30 year difference). My sister Steff and I are very close. Like Briggs, I have always loved sports, especially baseball, football, and wrestling. For my undergraduate experience, I attended St. John's. Immediately following, I went to the University of Minnesota and completed my PhD in physics in September 2010. I gave my thesis defense, and within three days we were driving to Washington DC to start my job at NASA. I have now been with NASA as a research physicists for 2.5 years. I love my work because I get to discover the mysteries of the universe (just like they do on Star Trek!!!). My favorite experiences with Briggs so far have been our trips to New York City, whitewater rafting (listening to Briggs giggle while I'm freaking out), going hiking completely unprepared for the elements (got out of the car, realized it was way too cold, got back in and drove for an hour to get home), and our road trips to various and sundry places.