Monday, December 16, 2013

Inter-stud spice cabinet

Here's Lorlee's contribution to our search for ever more storage space:
She writes from Dallas:
When I had my kitchen redone, I had them build a cabinet between the studs that is only about 4 inches deep – it is perfect for spices and used some space that would have been wasted. So maybe you can find another unused piece of wall and make another.
The one thing I had seen that I didn’t do was put drawers in the kick plate under the cabinets to store things like cookie sheets.

------------------------
Thanks for the note and photo, Lorlee. Looks great. Right now we're tired, so the spices will have to stay put on the old racks. :)

Incidentally, in the file photo of Lorlee at right, she is seated at our dining table, having a waffle in front of the wall which now has a hole in it.