Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Wet lands

Another day of rain will follow this day of rain as we continue to cope with a stubborn low pressure area threatening to drag our spirits down with it. Yesterday we drove to the Shakopee Public Library to find "Things to Do on a Rainy Day." It had already been checked out.
Perhaps something by Noah?
We're told we're going for the wettest April ever. If you're not a Wild hockey fan, that's something to cheer about today.
There's always Tom Waits, NightHawks at the Diner:

Emotional Weather Report

Well we are talking about late night and early morning low clouds
With a chance of fog, chance of showers into the afternoon
With variable high cloudiness and gusty winds
Gusty winds at times around the corner of sunset and Alvarado
Yeah I know things are tough all over

When the thunder storms start increasing over the southeast
And south central portions of my apartment, I get upset
And a line of thunderstorms was developing in the early morning
I was ahead of a slow moving cold front, cold blooded

With, with tornado watches issued shortly before noon Sunday
For the areas including, the western region of my mental health
And the northern portions of my ability to deal rationally with my
Disconcerted precarious emotional situation
It's cold out there, colder than a ticket taker's smile at the Ivar theater
On a Saturday night. . .

Tom Waits