Monday, November 24, 2014

Hail to the Bags Champion!

It took twelve hard fought afternoons and evenings at the Deer Camp to do it, but Wayne finally won the Haney Road Corn Bags Championship and today the trophy arrived. Here's Wayne's note:

I had mentioned we played bags during the season. Neighboring shack dwellers joined us as well. We had several tournaments and I was declared the champion. I had avoided bragging to this point, but after a package arrived this morning with the "Bags Champion of the Haney Road" inscription on a trophy, I just have to share the glory.
It will go to a shelf at deer camp and I will have to defend it next season. Until then, I now know what it must be like to win a Super Bowl. I'm now waiting for the call to be in the Thanksgiving parade Friday night.
Wayne