Monday, June 10, 2019

Beyond Meat gets trial



Had my first Beyond Meat plant-based burger today, courtesy of our vegan Jennifer. I was curious what it would taste like and how it compared to a traditional meat-based burger. I don't eat red meat so I am no one to judge, and I like vegetables on their own, that aren't trying to be something else.

But I fried one up (Kathleen opted not to join) and it was pretty good. Kathleen noticed that it was very red for a burger, and I reminded her that it was plant-based so no requirement to make it medium-well. Probably the red was from beet juice or something. It wasn't as dense and a little more uniform than the average meat burger. As I recall.

Three minutes on a side as the directions advised, a dash of ketchup and an onion and oh boy. Four on a scale of five.