Saturday, August 15, 2020

Captain, Garden, Picture

Captain, Garden, Picture.

I took my annual Medicare wellness exam yesterday and I was just fantastic. The doctor gave me three words to remember, then asked me to draw a clock face and make it say 9:20. I did. It was the best clock face ever. Then he asked me if I remembered my three words.

Captain, Garden, Picture, I said.


The doctor was amazed and said that this had hardly ever been done before. Just outstanding. Then he asked if I had fallen recently. I said yes, I was catching  my granddaughter’s fast pitch and I lunged at one that got away, wide right. We were playing on a sidehill so I took a tumble. No injury. Simply amazing.


Captain, Garden, Picture


I still remember those three fantastic words today. Imagine that. I must be special. Gifted.

Sadly, someday I may join the milions of Americans with some form of dementia and for whom this test is intended to diagnose. But for now, my intelligence test results are so amazing I could be President of the United States!