Monday, January 16, 2006

Virgil BAACk from Tucson

Eden Prairie

Virgil writes: Drive back from Tucson went well. Good weather all the way. Weather was 70's and sunny with no wind all the time I was at Saddlebrooke. But I see that it changed after I left.

I recommend a car wash called Capin's on Oracle and McGee. That is at the southern end of Oro Valley, maybe into Tucson, itself. Their basic wash is $8 plus tip with lots of hand work. Vacuumed, mechanical wash, hand wipe down inside and out.

When I got there my car had a combination of Minnesota salt, highway dirt, bugs, desert sand silt, etc. that looked awful. At first, the only car wash I could find was a coin-operated one in Catalina. Even using the foam brush, I could not get the film off the car. Steve worked on it a bit in the driveway and improved it. But after I ran it through this car wash, it was really clean. And even now, all the way here, it is still looking great. So you might want to do that after you get there.

Stan, our neighbor Leno said to knock on his door when you get there. He would like to golf with you. Keep in mind, he usually doesn't golf until 3 p.m. when his starter work is done. But there is a twilight rate of just $16.

Nice collection of relics you are bringing. So the least favored son will once again be able to gaze upon that which he cannot have. Look, but do not touch. Yes, I know my sorry place in life. All I have to contribute to the collection is a sad little wooden stool. (See the symbolism there? Bottom of the rung, again) Oh well, I will survive.

Baby brother, Virg