Sunday, April 11, 2010

Inspiration peaks

More inspiring stories of springtime energy:

Our Dallas correspondent, Lorlee Bartos reports a burst of activity from her gargantuan rose bushes. She writes:

It is spring everywhere -- here are some photos of my Lady Banks Rose -- they only bloom once, but it is astonishing when it happens. Two of them extend about 35 feet

The rest of the highway garden is covered in weeds this year so I have my work cut out for me. I have given up on vegetables and will just add fruit and nut trees out there. I have joined a CSA and am going to let a real farmer grow my veggies.

Dogwoods are blooming and the iris have started.

Lorlee


But in the most inspiring story of spring, energy and renewal we've heard today, our soon-to-be 90-year-old mother walked to the Shalom Lutheran communion rail under her own power for the first time since last Autumn. If Lutherans ever clapped during communion services, they would have done so today.

Way to go, Mom!